Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mentor time!

Tonight was my first Q&A with my mentor at Animation Mentor and I am STOKED! This term I am solely focusing on polishing my reel to make it the best it can be (for the current time, it will be even better 6 mo from now, and even better 6 mo later, etc) so I was hoping for a strong animator to help me achieve this goal. I could not be happier...

My mentor for this term is Dave Burgess, head of character animation at Dreamworks. He was a 2d animator on previous films Disney films such as Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Lion King, and the a lead/supervising animator at Dreamworks on films such as Shrek 2, Madagascar, Over the Hedge, etc. This is going to be an amazing and intimate class (since it is only alumni this term there are just 6 of us in the class), and getting feedback from the head of character animation at Dreamworks is invaluable. It has been a long time since I was this excited about working on my reel and I can't wait to work with Dave on the necessary improvements! Woohoo! Let's bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment