Sunday, November 1, 2009

Jay's playlist: Pride and Prejudice

Welcome to my playlist, where I discuss the music which is currently entertaining me. Below you will find a video, press play to begin the song and then read my feelings on the album.

In companion to this week's costume, the playlist is the soundtrack from Pride and Prejudice

The music from the 2006 movie is fairly simple yet one of the most emotional pieces I've heard. The majority of the soundtrack is performed by solo piano with an occasional orchestra accompaniment and the theme is actually performed in the movie by the characters themselves (being trained musicians trying to impress the men). The entire soundtrack hearkens back to a simpler time of the Regency era and the few non-piano pieces convey special events that were common for the era (balls, military march, etc).



Honestly, I don't have much to say about this soundtrack beyond that I absolutely adore it. If you haven't seen the movie yet and tend to enjoy your soundtracks based on the emotions they invoke then I highly recommend watching the movie before listening to the soundtrack as it is very emotional and the music accents this.



Finally, if you love this music as much as I do you will be glad to know that piano sheet music is available.


Bonus song
This bonus is from the same album as the others but it is a full orchestral arrangement of the main theme linked above.

No comments:

Post a Comment