Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fireworks: The silent killer

Happy Fourth of July everyone! This year I decided to stay in the East Bay for fireworks instead of going to Diablo Valley. I took my trusty camera and was eager to get great photos. Then the obvious happened: we had fog ("Fog in San Francisco? You don't say!"). The fog was low enough that the fireworks exploded about half way into it, so you could see just the bottom of the explosion. It was an interesting effect that lost its luster pretty quick. I also learned that I really need a zoom lens for fireworks, the prime lens is not really needed since I am leaving the shutter open for a long period of time anyways (prime lens let in a lot of light but can't zoom).

Beyond that, it was an enjoyable 4th!


(thank you to The Onion for the great title)

No comments:

Post a Comment